Guidelines for Success
Before and After School
Students will arrive and leave from school in an orderly way.
The restrooms will be clean for everyone’s use.
· Use restrooms appropriately and leave them clean.
· Put toilet paper in the toilet. Flush the toilet.
· Leave stall unlocked after use.
· Wash your hands with soap and water.
· Please do not splash water.
· Leave the restroom as soon as you are finished.
· Use quiet voices and respect the privacy of others.
Lunch and Breakfast
The eating areas will be a safe and clean environment where people are courteous.
· Walk to the lunch/breakfast area. Always walk in the lunchroom area.
· Keep hands and feet to yourself. Sit on the bench with your feet under the table.
· Please do not touch or play with the curtain in the gym.
· Always speak with quiet, inside voices.
· Eat politely. Do not play with your food.
· Raise your hand to be excused or when you need help.
· Clean up your area and stack your tray carefully on the cart.
Students will be respectful before and during all assemblies.
· Respond to school-wide signal (clap pattern, followed by school-wide cheer) by:
o Looking at the speaker
o Being silent
o Listening to the speaker
o Keeping hands and feet to themselves
· Follow entrance and exit procedures.
· Sit in assigned areas without disturbing others.
· Be respectful listening and only use applause to show appreciation.
· Remain seated until the teacher gives a signal to stand.
Students will play safely at recess and when using equipment.
· When the bell rings, stop your play and line up.
· Rough play is not allowed. This includes tackle football, pulling on coats, grabbing and kicking.
· Take care of the equipment. Place equipment back on the cart when the recess bell rings. Stay in assigned areas unless you have permission to leave.
· Walk under the covered area when going and coming from recess.
· The gates need to stay closed.
· Running games are for the field area only.
· Please don’t climb the fence.
· Remember to leave hard balls, toys and personal items at home.
· Take turns in all games and on the equipment.
· Swinging coats, backpacks, necklaces, ropes, etc. is dangerous. Please don’t do this.
School Information >